What is confidence and how do you go about getting more of it?
Well, read on…
Whether you have low self-confidence or you’re just interested in building and improving your confidence, you’ll find it all here!
|“Yeah, you’re right – I do look good in black!”|
Self-confidence a la me
Well, at the risk of sounding like I don’t have my own ideas, I tend to agree with Elaine Sihera below, in her article called, “7 Attributes of the Truly Confident Person”:
“Self confidence is about self-love, self-belief, having
fearlessness and, ultimately, feeling happy”
The thing is, you know when you’re feeling confident: cooking a favourite meal, or talking to old friends; and you know when you’re not: when you’re either doing something new, or when you’re doing something that you’ve told yourself you can’t do. (Yes, I do this all the time – don’t you? Mingling in large groups, for example – I often feel uncomfortable and low in self confidence.
The thing is… having self confidence is great! It’s empowering to you and quite often to the person on the receiving end of it. So I really hope that this page will help in building your confidence (or improving self-confidence), as it will help me, via the following resources:
Self confidence tips – what I say…
Ah, self-confidence that elusive and wily ol’ fox! One minute you’re on top of the world oozing confidence and feel-goodness, the next you’re feeling down and out after fluffing your lines, again!
…Or something like that! We all have self confidence and we all lack it, at times, too. And we all know how much better life feels when we approach it with a confident, positive attitude.
Emanuel’s self confidence tips below are really just sensible ways to live your life the best way. They show you how to improve your self confidence, for sure, but I would argue that they also show you how best to deal with any and all situations you are bound to face in your life.
After all, as William James says:
“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”
Anyway, great self confidence tips, Emmanuel – thanks muchly!
And, as for you, what good or bad things are happening to you right now and how is your confidence (or lack of it) helping (or not)?
Okay, now it’s time for Emmanuel and his self confidence tips…
Ten Tips to Increase Your Self-confidence
Self improvement tips – what Emmanuel Segui has to say…
Self-confidence is an important key to success in any walk of life. People with self-confidence are noticed more. They achieve their goals relatively easily. In contrast, people who lack self-confidence often end up being losers. You too need to build your self-confidence if you want to do well in life. Here are ten tips that can help you build that elusive self-confidence:
1. Self-confidence is found in people who have healthy self-esteem. They know their personal worth and act accordingly. A good way to improve your personal worth is to make a list of your accomplishments every day. You will be surprised to know how many positive acts you perform every day in life, but which you don’t notice. Once you start looking at this list, your self-confidence will boom.
2. Be clear about your goals. If need be, break your goals into smaller, more manageable tasks. Pat yourself every time you achieve a minor goal. It will boost your self-confidence, and help you achieve bigger goals.
3. Find a mentor who can help you reach your goal. Most people, who have done well in life, have a mentor who has traveled the same road on which they are traveling today. Meet your mentor regularly, and seek his advice and support as a routine. You will find that you are learning something valuable every day.
4. Socialize with people who are positive and supportive, who like and respect you. Give them the same support and respect that they give you. Avoid people who are negative and critical of you. Such people erode your self-confidence. They make you look at your negative self, and not your positive self. After some time, you get enveloped in their cynical and negative world-view. Nothing can be more damaging than that. Dump such friends as soon as you can.
5. Pay attention to how you look. Take pleasure in wearing good clothes and being well groomed. It makes you feel good. People too look at you differently. Remember that every human being wants to be found in the company of smart, intelligent, successful people. You can soon be a centre of attraction if you radiate a positive, smart look. It can very easily make the difference between success and failure.
6. Don’t be afraid of failures. Take them in your stride and move on. Say to yourself that you will succeed the next time. Never make the mistake of allowing your failures to overwhelm you. They will force you into a shell, and destroy your self-confidence. A better way is to shrug your failures as something inconsequential, and take on a new challenge. Of course, you must learn from your mistakes, and be realistic about your abilities. People who try to over-reach often fall down. You should not allow that to happen in the name of self-confidence.
7. Keep yourself fit by exercising regularly and controlling your diet. A fit and healthy person is much more active and achieves more in his career. Physical fitness, like self-confidence, glows on your face.
8. Have a wide range of interests, and take an active interest in what’s going on in the world. Meet and talk to a lot of people. Don’t focus all your attention only on your work and on your problems. Divert your attention to new interests, and new tasks. This will keep your mind happily occupied, and boost your self-confidence.
9. Take part in activities that you are good at. You may have excelled at things in the past and then given them up due to lack of time. Return to those activities again and see your self-confidence grow.
10. Pick up a new hobby or craft that interests you. It will keep you occupied. It will also increase your self- confidence as you become more skilled in it.
Try to practice these tips as faithfully as you can, and see the difference in your life.